Wednesday, June 22, 2011

'one piece dress in girls' and chubbies' sizes:'

Out of the lot of little girls' dress patterns that my grandma gave to me and made for my mom and aunt back in the mid-century, only a handful are an option when it comes to the fit.  The sizing is a little strange by today's standards but I couldn't help but think of Ricky Lake in Hairspray, with this 'Chubbies' sizes'.  You just don't see that anymore.  With that aside, I love the sleeveless striped and scalloped neckline little number in the middle.  I think I could pull it off.  Thanks again grammy.

source

1 comment:

  1. I was a little obsessed with hairspray growing up..and by a "little" I mean I watched it 15 times a day, dreamed of Link, ironed my hair, and did the mash potatoes all the live long day. And No..you really don't see sizes labeled in the manner of fat ass anymore. Bwahahaha. Thank goodness for that.

    ReplyDelete